Wednesday, September 15, 2010

GAUDE, perdolens Mater

I wasn't able to post something for yesterday's feast of the Holy Cross but I'll do so today. Just some of my choicest photos of the Cross and of course of the sorrowful Mother. I have one here which I'll show at the end. I'll be off to see the doctor today as I haven't been feeling well these days. I fear another case of walking pneumonia, but I hope to get over with this in a few days, and I'll be up and about in no time.

Vexilla regis prodeunt,
Fulget crucis mysterium,
Qua vita mortem pertulit
Et morta vitam protulit.


[Abroad the royal banners fly
And bear the gleaming Cross on high-
That Cross whereon Life suffered death
And gave us life with dying breath.]
Stabat mater dolorosa
juxta Crucem lacrimosa,
dum pendebat Filius.

Cuius animam gementem,
contristatam et dolentem
pertransivit gladius.

At the Cross her station keeping,
stood the mournful Mother weeping,
close to her son to the last.
Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
all His bitter anguish bearing,
now at length the sword has passed.


No comments:

Post a Comment