Sunday, June 6, 2010

COOL ARTWORK

I've just come back from one of my jaunts through the Internet and I came upon this really cool blog named The Lion and the Cardinal. It's by an artist named Daniel Mitsui who's currently based in Chicago.

Daniel Mitsui is a freelance illustrator who specializes in detailed ink drawings on paper or parchment. He is especially influenced by mediaeval religious art, and also enjoys biological illustration and bookplate design. Many of his drawings can be seen on his website: www.danielmitsui.com.

Daniel accepts large and small commissions, including custom religious pictures, bookplates, Mass cards, baptismal or confirmation gifts, bulletin covers, Christmas cards, wedding invitations, stationary, coats of arms and illuminated texts. He may be contacted at danmitsui [at] hotmail [dot] com.

He lives with his wife and son in Chicago.

Here are some samples of his work. Cool!!!

The Te Deum with bells
The funeral of Raymond Diocres...I don't know who he is, I'll have to research about it later...

here's a Crucifixion scene, with the characters well-identified

I

No comments:

Post a Comment