Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Jewel of a Blog and the Papal Sacristy


Thanks to NLM (New Liturgical Movement blog) I've come across what could be a treasure trove for people who are fascinated with old (and even new) photos of traditional liturgy. It's entitled Ceremonia Y Rubrica de la Iglesia Espanola. And while I was happily perusing through its forumas I came across one article about the papal sacristy. Here are some of the photos I managed to get from it. So this is how it looks like:


Some of these chasubles are recognizable....
particularly this one, which, I believe, was used by the Holy Father during Pentecost this year.


The familiar ferula (or papal staff) used by popes since Pope Paul VI until the present one, though Ben16 has preferred to go back to using the more older ones and has even had a new one made, which is much lighter.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment